VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
There is the possibility of ‘FRIDAY NIGHT’ COMPETITION.
We always contact competing studios at least two weeks prior to the competition to advise them if it will be necessary to hold competition the night before the convention in their competition city.
• When picking up your Registration Packet, is the time to ask questions or advise us of:
—– Any changes to the Number of Dancers
—– Costume Change problems
—– Pauses or Tags in your Music
—– Prop Considerations & Logistics
—– Any Other Concerns regarding your dancers’ Competition Experience
• NEW! – SEMI-FINALS – Winter Tour: Oct-April – Limit 20 Entries per studio
—–*There is a possibility for a studio to add additional numbers if time allows. Please call TDC office if interested.
• SUMMER COMPETITIONS – Summer – Unlimited Entries per studio
• NATIONAL FINALS – Orlando, July 6-11 – Unlimited Qualified Entries per studio
• Limited number of acts in each city.
• One Solo per dancer per city.
• Competition cut-off may occur before cut-off date if quota is reached.
• A Competition Line Up will be e-mailed to the Teacher/Primary Registrant of each competition entry.
• Competition Line Ups will be posted for the competition.
The competition stage is approximately 24’x 40′
JUNIOR – 6 to 10.99
TEEN – 11 to 13.99
SENIOR – 14 – up
*Average age determined by actual ages as of competition date
*Minimum Competition Age = 6 Years
50% of the dancers in each division (Junior, Teen and Senior) must be that age in order to compete in that division.
*If 51% or more of the contestants within the group are at a higher age than the division you are applying for, the routine must compete in the higher age division.
Birth certificates or proof of age for each dancer competing must be brought to the convention and available as proof of age upon request. DO NOT send Birth Certificates or Copies of Birth Certificates with your entries.
SOLOS *One Solo per dancer per city* – 2:45 MAX. (2 Minutes, 45 seconds)
DUO/TRIO (2-3 dancers) – 2:45 MAX. (2 Minutes, 45 seconds)
GROUP (4-8 dancers) – 3:00 MAX. (3 Minutes)
LINE (9-14 dancers) – 4:00 MAX. (4 Minutes)
PRODUCTION (15 dancers & up) – 6:00 MAX. (6 Minutes)
• No Minimum Length.
• 1-point deduction for each second over the limit.
• Ballet – All ballet entries (Classical, Pointe, Character, Modern, etc.) judged together in the Ballet category only.
• Jazz – All jazz (up-tempo, 50’s, 60’s, etc.) will be judged together in the Jazz category only.
• Hip Hop – All Hip Hop and Street type moves will be judged in the Hip Hop category only. Must be 75% Hip Hop steps. (Judges discretion, Judges decision is final.)
• Lyrical Jazz – A routine using lyrical technique.
• Contemporary – Jazz styles mixed with a ballet and modern emphasis.
• Musical Theatre – Theatre Broadway style dance.
• Tap – All tap entries will be judged together in the Tap category only.
• Open – All entries that are:
*Please indicate one of these five categories within the “Open” section of your entry form.
—-– Acro / Gymnastic *- four or more gymnastic tricks
—-– Mixed Styles – any combination of opposite styles of dance. (example: Ballet & Hip Hop, Jazz & Tap, etc.)
* Acrobatic moves not generally taught in dance class. (example, cartwheels are not tricks)
—– • Hand-springs, walkovers, tucks, cheerleading tosses, etc.
• Gymnastic Tricks occurring simultaneously constitute 1 pass/1 trick.
• If four or more tricks (gymnastics/acrobatic passes) are used in a routine, it should compete in or will be moved to the Open Category.
15 points_______Use of Music
30 points_______Overall Performance
100 Total Points possible from each Judge
1st Place_______90-100 points
2nd Place_______81-89 points
3rd Place_______75-80 points
4th Place_______70-74 points
• When only one number is competing in a category, the number will compete against the scoring system.
• When only two numbers are competing in a category, 1st & 2nd Place will be awarded.
• When only three numbers are competing in a category, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place will be awarded.
• When four or more numbers are competing in a category, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Place will be awarded.
The judges may choose to move a number into a different category, (example, from Open to Jazz, etc.) based on dance style, Tremaine rules, etc. There are no penalties or deductions when this occurs.
• All ties will be broken by the technical score.
• If there should be a tie on technical scores, the tie will be broken by overall performance score.
• If there should be a tie on overall performance scores, the tie will be broken by judges decision.
*The decision of the judges is final.
• Judges’ Scores and Critiques will be available online.
• TO VIEW SCORES AND CRITIQUES:
— After the last day of the event, please log into your online account.
— Once logged in, access the ‘My History’ tab on the home page.
— Locate the desired city and click on ‘Scores’.
*By entering the competition, you agree that you WILL NOT post any audio/video critiques on any Social Media site, File Sharing site, Video Site, Personal Website, etc.
• NO SCORING OR PLACEMENT QUESTIONS HANDLED DURING THE COMPETITION. We will assist you the following morning to discuss any questions or concerns.
*Due to occasional digital glitches beyond our control, some critiques may not be available.
Please upload all competition music online at least ONE WEEK PRIOR to the event.
This is done through ‘Media Manager’ on the Competition Page during Online Registration. You may also access Music Manager after submitting your registration.
• All music must be completely edited and cued to the start of each routine.
* A 5 point deduction will be taken for music not edited and/or cued to start.
• BACK UP USB – Always have a Back Up USB with ALL your music available during competition if needed.
• NEW! – All competitions will be live streamed free for guests to watch online. At this time there is no guarantee of a live audience nor on-site monitors.
• All entries must be registered online.
• Registration is not complete or guaranteed until a Confirmation Email has been received.
• NEW! – All Registration & Competition Entries & Fees for all contestants and teachers must be paid online.
• Changes are not permitted within two weeks of the event.
• All contestants must be registered for the entire convention in the city where competing.
• Dancers may compete in more than one number in their Category, Style & Age Division. However, they may compete for one studio only, regardless of how many studios their teacher owns.
• If a teacher owns multiple studios, dancers may compete for one of that teacher’s studios only.
• Dancers studying regularly at different studios, owned by different teachers, may compete for each studio, if each teacher is registered.
• Dancers may compete in more than one city. However, if a number wins in one city, that same number may not compete in another city during that season.
• All routines must be appropriate for family viewing. Inappropriate routines will be stopped and/or disqualified.
• No TEACHERS OR PROFESSIONAL DANCERS ARE ALLOWED TO COMPETE.
• No use of fire, glass or live animals on stage.
• Stage must be left clean by performers.
• No beginner students.
• No coaching from audience.
• No singing. Lip-sync OK. Talking OK.
• General lifts OK.
• Crossing from Stage Right to Stage Left (or vice versa) during any competition number, must be done on stage. No points will be deducted for this. *There is no access to cross behind the stage, nor will it be permitted.
• Beginning ENTRANCE and final EXIT will be Stage Right or Stage Left only. This will be dictated by venue.
• 70 DANCERS MAXIMUM on stage at any given time for safety.
• Only 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th place winners from the Semifinals Competition qualify for the National Finals.
• All entries final – NO REFUNDS.
* A 10-point deduction will be taken from your score for misconduct in the dressing room and/or the backstage area.
You may have “helpers” (dressers, human props, etc.) on the stage during a routine. However, every person on stage must perform in the number and be seen by the audience for at least 2 counts of eight.”Helpers” must meet the following requirements:
—– 1) Must be registered as a Student or Assistant Teacher for the entire convention.
—– 2) Must be registered as a performer and have fees paid for any competition entries they perform in.
—– 3) Their age/ages must be figured into the overall average age of the competition entry. (See Age Requirements & 50% Rule)
• General props are OK, they must be moved on and off stage by performers only.
• No Scenery, Dangerous or Oversized Props.
• Any unnecessary delay will result in a 10 point deduction.
• Where there is a safety concern, please speak to a Tremaine associate at the registration desk when you arrive.
• Tremaine reserves the right to disallow the use of any oversized or dangerous props.