Tremaine Dance Conventions and Competitions, one of the nation’s top dance education companies in the United States, is currently seeking a Creative Marketing Manager/In-House Designer to join our high-energy team. This person will concept, develop, execute and deliver results-driven advertising and marketing campaigns to meet our aggressive growth goals. We are looking for a savvy marketer in the entertainment arena, or event marketing space who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills & Competencies
Creativity: Must be able to invent new ideas for branding, advertising campaigns and marketing messaging. Must understand good design, smart copy, and be able to spot and analyze current mainstream trends in order to apply them to keep the brand current.
Analytical Skills: Must have deep understanding of the customer acquisition funnel and the mindset of consumers at each point. Must have a high aptitude not only for the creative side, but for the business side of advertising and marketing.
Decision-Making Skills: Must be able to set and follow timelines, make decisions on final copy, final art, and video spots.
Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to work well with corporate heads and internal teams as well as designers, artists, copywriters, and outside marketers. Excellent collaboration skills, and a proven ability to influence and work well with others is required.
Project Management Skills: Must have excellent organizational skills setting and meeting deadlines, keeping the internal team and outside contractors organized and on schedule by managing multiple projects, campaign documents, and files. Must be able to gather information and approvals from key stakeholders and monitor performance while managing your own time wisely.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must; you must be able to effectively concept, build creative brief documents and communicate campaign ideas. This role requires collaboration with both our internal design team and external creative agencies to build compelling, on-brand campaigns that effectively reach our targets and drive new customer acquisition.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and execute marketing plans including advertising campaigns, promotions, social media, email marketing, print and direct marketing campaigns, PR, grassroots initiatives to promote 26 tour cities each year
• Research industry trends, competitive landscape, fan/social conversations and put together key insight documents
• Drive marketing outreach process, initiating region-specific campaigns and internal teams to drive sales and interest
• Manage all paid and trade media – print, digital (PPC) and experiential – tracking goals, spend, KPIs – coordinating with internal departments and external agencies
• Maintain marketing calendar, project timelines, and report post tour city attendance vs. blast analytics summaries
• Must be able to multi-task between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
• Flexibility in working extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required
• May be required to travel on occasion; trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights
Background & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing or Visual Communications major preferred) or equivalent experience
• 7-10 years of experience in Entertainment, Event, and/or Arena marketing or related creative field required, a background or interest in the dance industry is a major plus
• Established contacts within the advertising, dance and/or entertainment industry is a major plus
• Must be proficient in:
+ Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
+ Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro)
• Must have extensive knowledge of and/or direct experience producing and/or experience managing:
+ Creative direction, art direction, graphic design, print production, copy writing
+ Web development (WordPress, organic SEO strategy, WooCommerce)
+ Video and still photography, shoot coordination, direction, production, editing, retouching
+ Digital and print advertising
+ Key social media platforms: strategy and management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Snapchat, Tumblr)
+ PPC ad campaigns (Google, Facebook)
+ Direct mail – print and digital (MailChimp, Infusionsoft)
+ Event signage, kiosks, stage backdrops, POP
Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
Please submit a full resume, portfolio samples/case histories and a brief cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit with TDC to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.