HOW TO AUDITION FOR 2020-21 TREMAINE DOTY
*NEW* DANCER OF THE YEAR AGE DIVISIONS
JUNIOR 6-11 * TEEN 12-14 * SENIOR 15 & UP
*These ages differ from Scholarship Auditions*
2020-21 DANCER OF THE YEAR REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be registered for the Tremaine Virtual Dance Experience Workshop
- Must have qualified by:
- Competing in a routine that placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th during the 2019-20 Winter Tour
- Was registered to compete in a routine in our Boston, Tulsa, Winston-Salem or Los Angeles 2019-20 Events
- Was named MVP during the 2019-20 Winter Tour. Be sure to apply your MVP scholarship when registering!
- Must submit Digital Audition and Registration Form by 6:00 pm PST, Wednesday, July 1, *EXTENDED* Friday, July 3, 2020.
- Must be available for a Live Zoom Audition on Sunday, July 12, 2020. Audition Sessions will be held 11:00 am – 3:00 pm PST. Specific division times will be confirmed if you are a finalist. You must be available for this audition or you are not eligible to be considered for DOTY.
- Audition ages are as of DAY ONE of the Virtual Event – July 27, 2020
Dancer is qualified – HERE’S HOW TO REGISTER:
PLEASE NOTE – We will be verifying Workshop Registration and Qualification for each dancer who applies.
- Dancer of the Year Combinations are posted below as of Monday, June 22, 2020.
- Use these links to access your audition & registration materials for THE PRODUCER’S ROUND
- Each eligible dancer must Upload their Digital Submission and complete the DOTY Registration Form by 6:00 pm PST on Wednesday, July 1, *EXTENDED* Friday, July 3, 2020, in order to be considered during THE PRODUCER’S ROUND for 2020-21 Dancer of the Year.
Digital Submission Instructions:
- Dancer will submit ONE video only.
- The beginning of the video will need to include the dancer slating (stating) their name, age as of Monday, July 27, 2020, and Home Studio.
- After the slate the dancer will need to perform the ballet combo, the jazz combo, and 30 seconds of improvisation highlighting your strengths immediately following the jazz combo using that same music
- Label this video submission with your FULL NAME and AGE as of July 27, 2020 and Upload your DOTY Submission HERE.
During THE PRODUCER’S ROUND, a panel of judges will view all video submissions and narrow down 10-15 finalists (a mix of men and women) for each age group.
Once all JUNIOR, TEEN, & SENIOR DOTY Finalists have been decided they will be announced and notified via email. That email will include the Zoom Access Link and Confirmed Time for your LIVE AUDITION ROUND on Sunday, July 12th.
You MUST be available for the LIVE AUDITION ROUND on Sunday, July 12th. Audition Sessions will be held 11:00 am – 3:00 pm PST. Specific division times will be confirmed if you are a finalist and will last 1- 1 ½ hours for each age level. They will consist of a new short audition combination and a brief interview process in which the panel of judges will get to know you and ask you questions about yourself.
Please DO NOT submit a digital audition if you are not available for this Live Audition on Sunday, July 12th, as you will be taking away an opportunity for other potential finalists.